🔕 🔔

walnut & chocolate chip cookies at the Sullivan Street Bakery

I had these walnut & chocolate chip cookies at Jim Lahey's Sullivan Street Bakery last week, and I'm pretty much ruined for any other kind. They had this touch of sea salt that just placed these beauties in a completely different category. Does anyone at Food52 have a recipe for this particular confection?

asked by Panfusine about 1 year ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Here is his chocolate chip cookie recipe, to which I'm sure you could add walnuts:
http://www.epicurious.com...

695013bb 6175 44d4 9967 d3fa0ab27033  stringio

Golly Willikers, that looks a lot like a Toll House cookie with even more fat and sugar. And a large glop of salt. The world of professional cuisine needs some new tricks.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Thanks Barbara, but this particular cookie looked very different from the one in the recipe, the walnuts were finely crushed and dispersed almost as if it was coarsely crushed into a gritty meal and the chocolate chips did not look like morsels embedded. This cookie was quite something else!