🔕 🔔

Fine biscuit/cake crumbs

I have a recipe that calls for 1 1/2 cups fine biscuit/cake crumbs. What or where can I find this? I'm making Sticky Honey Peanut Cake from A Chef's Life.

asked by Nan about 1 year ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

My guess is that she takes leftover cake or biscuits, whirs them in the food processor, and makes crumbs. You could do the same with leftover cake (who has that?) or biscuits. I think I'd try cookie crumbs--graham crackers, ginger snaps, even chocolate wafers, depending on the flavor profile you want.

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

I suppose bakeries have leftover cakes and biscuits, but it's an awfully unspecific ingredient- I'd agree; use whatever sounds good to you.

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

Well, yes, the recipe is from a restaurant chef who got the original from a professional baker.

Thinking back many years to the days when I baked, there were many instances when a cake needed to be trimmed for assembly, so there were often cake scraps.

No doubt a bakery would have a rather continuous supply of leftover cake and scraps. Good idea to repurpose these leftovers into another dish.

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

I keep a frozen pound cake in the freezer for things like this. They are delicious and can be used in many different ways.