Anyone know what this tool is for?

B03d8cc4 2cce 4a07 ba36 57472c5e0993  image

It is about the size of a cheese knife, but instead of a knife, the head is a flat metal surface, with lips going in opposite directions on the sides, so that the head is actually shaped like a shallow 'Z'

asked by Daniel over 2 years ago

There are some cheese servers, sold in sets or separately, to scoop out cheeses served in big wheels, like Stilton.
Though I have not seen one exactly like yours, maybe it is one of those.

Could it be an ice breaker?

Mira Bellenbaum

That is a honey spoon.

Mira Bellenbaum

huh..maybe i should say a little more than that? :-D A German company (WMF) produced these things. They called them "Honignehmer" = "honey taker". It should have a little thingy at the handle to hang it on the rim of the honey glass, so you can leave it in the glass without it sinking in all the way. If you google for "wmf honignehmer" you will find pictures.

Daniel

That's bang-on - thank you Mira! It was given as a gift and we forgot what it was for, but that's definitely it! Thanks again!

You could also email a photo to replacements.com and they will respond (free of charge).