Anyone know what this tool is for?

It is about the size of a cheese knife, but instead of a knife, the head is a flat metal surface, with lips going in opposite directions on the sides, so that the head is actually shaped like a shallow 'Z'

  • Posted by: Daniel
  • June 23, 2016
Question image


Pegeen June 23, 2016
You could also email a photo to and they will respond (free of charge).
Mira B. June 23, 2016
huh..maybe i should say a little more than that? :-D A German company (WMF) produced these things. They called them "Honignehmer" = "honey taker". It should have a little thingy at the handle to hang it on the rim of the honey glass, so you can leave it in the glass without it sinking in all the way. If you google for "wmf honignehmer" you will find pictures.
Daniel June 23, 2016
That's bang-on - thank you Mira! It was given as a gift and we forgot what it was for, but that's definitely it! Thanks again!
Mira B. June 23, 2016
That is a honey spoon.
sexyLAMBCHOPx June 23, 2016
Could it be an ice breaker?
Nancy June 23, 2016
There are some cheese servers, sold in sets or separately, to scoop out cheeses served in big wheels, like Stilton.
Though I have not seen one exactly like yours, maybe it is one of those.
Recommended by Food52