🔕 🔔

Salisbury steaks fall apart while cooking

When I try to flip the patties to cook they stick and fall apart. What am I doing wrong?

asked by Jeannette Tyas 4 months ago

Are you using any sort of binding agent? A beaten egg along with perhaps 1/4 cup bread crumbs (or more depending on how much ground meat you are using) will help hold them together. Also, dredge the patties through superfine flour (Wondra) just before browning would be good as well.

B5c88490 435e 43c9 ab85 8c0627ee832c  closeup2012

The recipe I have doesn't call for egg but it does have breadcrumbs. I thought it was strange not to have egg but since it was my first attempt so I followed the directions. Will the flour dredge help to hold them together too? And I used a cast iron fry pan to cook the patties in. Any other ideas/ suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much!