Green pan question

I’m interested in the Food52 green pan set. Wondering if the entire pan is stainless with ceramic coating? Or another material. And if it were aluminum would the ceramic coating protect from any aluminum contact with food? I don’t cook in aluminum.

asked by Sassafras 12 days ago

Customer Care

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! Here are some helpful notes taken from the Details & Materials section on this product's page:

https://food52.com/shop...

Made of: Stainless steel handle with brass finish, hard anodized reinforced body (for extra strength!) and ceramic coating (100% toxin-free: no PTFE, PFOA, PFAS, lead or cadmium used)

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please write [email protected] and our team will be happy to answer them.

All best,
Customer Care

The ceramic will keep the food away from the aluminum. Whether it will actually stop things from sticking for any length of time is another question.

BakerBren

For clarification, since it is pretty hidden behind the lingo: "hard anodized" implies the body of the pan is aluminum. So, yes the entire pan is aluminum not stainless steel. And it will have the quick, even heating and light weight but also the low thermal mass of aluminum. The aesthetics and ceramic coating applied to the pans are what aim to set them apart.