WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Everytime I log into this site it shows variations of the last recipe I downloaded. So if its pork tenderloin, its everything p

pork, or everything mac n cheese or cheese or pasta but nothing else recipewise. I have tried a private browser but the same thing happens as soon as I select a recipe to view or print. This so annoying! I love this site but not this way of browsing. Please change this.

asked by D 9 days ago

CV pretty well covered it; the site seems to be in the process of reconfiguring itself, in mostly annoying ways. Hard to tell what they're after, other than that the site is ever more oriented toward the casual cook and the serious shopper.

It's the All Things to All People trend you see on nearly every site these days. I was on Food & Wine and they had an article on home cleaning (really?!). I got so depressed.

It seems the only brand vision these days is "be all things to all people." It's the need to offer a broader audience pool to more categories of advertisers. Trying to drive up viewers/click - increasing audience reach by going a mile wide versus going deep.

I have found it perplexing that there was no communication plan about the interface changes from Food52. A statement from Amanda and Merrill would have been appropriate.

Anyway, have always loved the site and will hang in there. Cheers, everyone.

I feel a little guilty about what I wrote... it's important to remember that the kinds of changes we're seeing may be necessary for the site to attract advertisers and remain profitable.

I had a boss who liked to say, "No one likes change except babies and bank tellers." :-)

Perhaps some grousing has helped- the format (at least for me) has changed- not entirely sure what the criteria are- I think more chronological- but at any rate I'm getting more stories I might be inclined to look at, so thanks, Food52.