🔕 🔔

Lemon Verbena - how do you use it?

Hello Pickle Pals! I just bought a lemon verbena plant, I have never used it before, and would love some ideas! I see Mrs Wheelbarrow's lemon verbena strawberry conserve and will be trying that ... what else?

B1ff7c6d 1bd4 41c2 a1a7 c1080efe383f  cathybarrow allrecipes e 2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

I make tea from lemon verbena and orange peels or rhubarb. Also love the combination of lemon verbena and peaches or nectarines. Try it in ice cream. Or to flavor whipped cream.

1bdf8002 6799 438d 8b6a b35f8db51bf7  new

Chop roughly and throw in a spritzer with orange, cucumber, and lime :)

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Tea is my usual as well, but in recent years I've seen a lot more interest in it--in custards, ice creams, poundcakes.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Its wonderful in tabouleh, also chopped either alone or mixed with other herbs like parsley and put on fish or chicken,

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Yum lots of great ideas! Thanks! I think I see a peach and verbena jam in my future - it's almost Texas peach time!! I wonder how much it has grown since I planted it 2 hours ago? :-)

That watermelon and goat cheese salad with lemon verbena and pistachios on the food52 site is unbelievably delicious. Do try it!

Poach fresh peaches (as soon as they come into season and ripen up) in Lillet Blanc with lemon verbena.

Peaches, Lillet, and lemon verbena sounds like a new favorite. All we need is peach season.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Lemon verbena is amazing in a syrup with poached apricots, on top of melon, rasberries or strawberries.

Put a sprig or two in your gin/vodka tonic on a hot day!

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Blend with sake, coconut water and agave to make a granita (shaved ice). I serve this with my strawberry tart with hibiscus rhubarb glaze.

Its incredibly refreshing.

Anitalectric

forgot pic!

Df234fb3 09d1 4edc 91cf 15e83f4a5d40  strawberry tart

i steeped it in heavy cream and make panna cotta :)