Lemon Verbena - how do you use it?

Hello Pickle Pals! I just bought a lemon verbena plant, I have never used it before, and would love some ideas! I see Mrs Wheelbarrow's lemon verbena strawberry conserve and will be trying that ... what else?

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

I make tea from lemon verbena and orange peels or rhubarb. Also love the combination of lemon verbena and peaches or nectarines. Try it in ice cream. Or to flavor whipped cream.

Happyolks

Chop roughly and throw in a spritzer with orange, cucumber, and lime :)

Tea is my usual as well, but in recent years I've seen a lot more interest in it--in custards, ice creams, poundcakes.

Its wonderful in tabouleh, also chopped either alone or mixed with other herbs like parsley and put on fish or chicken,

Yum lots of great ideas! Thanks! I think I see a peach and verbena jam in my future - it's almost Texas peach time!! I wonder how much it has grown since I planted it 2 hours ago? :-)

ellenl

That watermelon and goat cheese salad with lemon verbena and pistachios on the food52 site is unbelievably delicious. Do try it!

Poach fresh peaches (as soon as they come into season and ripen up) in Lillet Blanc with lemon verbena.

Peaches, Lillet, and lemon verbena sounds like a new favorite. All we need is peach season.

Lemon verbena is amazing in a syrup with poached apricots, on top of melon, rasberries or strawberries.

CookOnTheFly

Put a sprig or two in your gin/vodka tonic on a hot day!

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Blend with sake, coconut water and agave to make a granita (shaved ice). I serve this with my strawberry tart with hibiscus rhubarb glaze.

Its incredibly refreshing.

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

forgot pic!

matchaflan

i steeped it in heavy cream and make panna cotta :)