If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe makes use of Martha's original shortbread crust recipe, but with a new introduction. Traditional whipped cream topping is flavored with lavandar for a delicate twist. —slulibby
Makes 1 tart
- 6 ounces broken shortbread cookies
- 2 ounces almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 5 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried lavandar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, grind the cookies into a course crumb. Add the almonds, and sugar, processing until mixture becomes a fine. Add butter and seeds and process until mixture holds together.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place in freezer untill chilled before baking for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and curd.
- In a sauce pan, heat the cream and lavandar to a simmer & let seep for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain mixture and chill.
- beat cream and sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- In the bottom of the tart shell, spread the cheese and lemon mixture. Top with the whipped cream and zest.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)