Author Notes: This recipe makes use of Martha's original shortbread crust recipe, but with a new introduction. Traditional whipped cream topping is flavored with lavandar for a delicate twist. —slulibby
Makes 1 tart
- 6 ounces broken shortbread cookies
- 2 ounces almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 5 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried lavandar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, grind the cookies into a course crumb. Add the almonds, and sugar, processing until mixture becomes a fine. Add butter and seeds and process until mixture holds together.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place in freezer untill chilled before baking for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and curd.
- In a sauce pan, heat the cream and lavandar to a simmer & let seep for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain mixture and chill.
- beat cream and sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- In the bottom of the tart shell, spread the cheese and lemon mixture. Top with the whipped cream and zest.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)