If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart can most certainly be made with apples as well...This tart that isn't overly sweet but a wonderful mix of delightful vanilla, pear and hint of apricot flavor. Perfect for weeknight entertaining as well! —Culinista Annouchka
Serves 6...unless my husband eats it all
near ripe pears (you can also make this with apples); peeled and thinly sliced
tablespoons lemon juice
cup brown sugar + 2 tablespoons
cup heavy cream
large organic egg
vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
tablespoons of apricot jam (we like Bonne Maman)
9" pie shell
- Place the pears in a large bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Let macerate for a few minutes. Meanwhile, spread the apricot jam on the bottom of the pie shell and set the oven to 360F (depending on your oven the temperature can range between 350F and 375F).
- When the oven reaches its set temperature, place the fruit into the tart shell in a circular pattern. Place in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk together the egg and sugar then adding the cream. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. The mixture should be thick and a deep caramel color.
- Add the mixture to the tart, spreading it around as much as possible. Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, until the cream mixture is almost set. Cool for 30 minutes and enjoy, with ice cream or a little extra cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)