Author Notes: My Norwegian Grandma used to make this tart with Walnuts, because they grew on her trees, but it is also very good using chopped pecans or sliced almonds. —Renee Cahoon
cup heavy cream
cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds are best)
teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix sugar, cream and grand marnier in pan, stir and heat to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in walnuts and let stand 10 minutes, then pour filling into pre-baked tart shell.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. The darker the color, the crisper the tart. If you want soft and chewy, take out when color is light brown.
- Cool on rack until set (about 10-15 minutes). Cool thoroughly before removing from the pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)