If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: just an old fashion english tart that uses stale left over breadcrumbs can variat with a little pureed fresh ginger —david_brownless
cold unsalted butter
heaped tablespoon black treacle
zest and juice unwaxed lemon
medium free range eggs
- heat oven 180 c
- pulse flour,salt and butterin food processor until resembles breadcrumb texture add few drops of iced water until dough forms wrap in cling film and refridgerate 1 hour
- roll out pastry and line loose bottem tart tin return to fridge for 30 min
- mix golden syrup and treacle with lemon juice and zest stir in breadcrumbs and gently pour into tart case .bake20 25 min until firm to touch . serve warm with creme fraiche ,or lemon sorbet
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)