Author Notes: My grandmother used to make this tart often, with different fruits depending on the season. —lpierce721
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- To make crumbs. Add all ingredients to bowl and mix using hands until crumbs come together. Set aside.
- To make tart dough. Add all ingredients to bowl and mix using hands until dough forms a ball.
- To assemble. Spread tart dough into ungreased 10" tart pan. Pat down evenly. Remove excess by rolling a rolling pin across the top of the tart pan. Add 3-4 peeled and sliced granny smith apples. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the apples. Bake in a 350 degree oven 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)