I gained a lot of inspiration for this recipe when I made the old, Southern Fruit Tart like what Paula Deen makes. However, I make this by adding avocados and key lime to the filling, and topping it with a homemade whipped cream and lime zest. The addition of macadamia nuts to the crust makes this a tropical delight! —AimeeSavors
- Serves 8
- Macadamia Nut Tart Crust
1 1/4 cups
all purpose flour
butter, softened and cubed
- Avocado Key Lime Filling
(8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
key lime juice
very cold heavy whipping cream
mango, peeled and sliced for garnish
- Mix macadamia nuts, powdered sugar, flour and butter in food processor until it forms a ball. Remove dough and press into a 12 inch tart pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, key lime juice, avocados and vanilla together.
- Spread filling over cooled crust.
- Allow tart to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, keep mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for whipped cream.
- Add very cold heavy whipping cream to chilled bowls and slowly mix until peaks begin to form, and slowly add sugar. Beat until peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over center of tart mixture. Add lime zest on top of whipped cream.
- Serve with sliced mangoes for a tropical garnish.