If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love wild blackberry pies! When blackberries are slim pickings, I make an apple pie and add at least 3/4 cups of berries. The blackberry flavor compliments the apples wonderfully. —good_spring
medium apples sliced
teaspoon butter, cut up
double pie crust, uncooked
- I use a Pillsbury's Pet-Ritz All Vegetable deep dish frozen pie crust or make a double crust with Crisco's vegetable shortening.
- Fill one crust with apple slices. Spread the blackberries evenly over the apples,
- Sprinkle the flour over the apple/berry mixture.
- Pour the sugar over the apple/berry mixture. Save 1 tsp of sugar to sprinkle on top of the crust.
- Place cut up butter randomly over the mixture. Save 1/2 of the butter to place on top of the crust .
- Place the top crust on. Poke holes with a fork to vent.
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar on the crust and dot with more bits of butter top of the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)