Author Notes: I have a Meyer Lemon tree in my backyard, I can always count on having fresh lemons any time of year. I also have a rosemary bush that grows like a weed, I'm always looking for ways to use my fresh rosemary. One of my favorite things to make is a lemon tart, I decided to incoporate rosemary into the crust.....WINNING combination for sure!!! Lemons and rosemary can definately brighten up the winter months...so get baking!! —Laurie F.
Meyer Lemon Tart Filling
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- dashes salt
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 egg yolks, room temp.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh Califronia grown raspberries
- 1 cup Bellwether Farms Creme Fraiche
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in water, blend until smooth. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir 1/2 cup hot mixture into slightly beaten egg yolks; slowly add egg mixture to pan, stirring constantly.
- Return to heat and cook until bubbly. Mixture will be very thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, zest and juice. Put into a glass bowl, cover and chill until tart shell is ready.
Meyer Lemon Rosemary Tart Dough
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temp.
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 egg yolks, room temp.
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine butter and sugar in food processor in pulses, just until combined. Add rosemary and lemon zest, pulse to mix. Add yolks and pulse until mixed. Add 3/4 cup flour and salt, pulse a few times and then add remaining 3/4 cup flour and pulse until incorporated, do not over mix or your dough will be tough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll chilled dough into a 12 in. circle. Fit into a 9 inch tart pan with removeable bottom. Cover and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350'. Line tart shell with parchment paper and fill with dried beans. Bake until the crust is golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove parchment and beans. Bake for another 12 to 15 minutes until all of the crust is golden brown. If the edges are getting too dark, cover with a strip of foil. Cool completely.
- Optional: Brush edges of tart shell with melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Fill tart shell with Meyer Lemon Pudding, spreading evenly. Garnish with fresh raspberries. Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
More Great Recipes: Desserts