If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While you will need a madeleine pan (with scallop-shaped depressions), there is really no trick to these little tea cakes. I love the faint floral aroma from the orange flower water, but rose water would be lovely also. —CozyDelicious
Makes about 18
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinches salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the madeleine pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using a wisk, whip the eggs, orange flower water, butter, and all but 1 tablespoon of the sugar until very well combined and somewhat thick. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Fill the madeleine cups 3/4 full. Bake about 8 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Dust with the reserved powdered sugar.