This is based on a stacked shrimp appetizer I had many years ago. It can be made year round and it's easy. —erkitty
- Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 for a meal
pre-made pie crust (the kind that comes chilled/rolled) or home made
minced sundried tomato (the kind packed in oil works well)
fresh jalapeno that has been minced and seeded
thinly sliced scallions
pieces of cooked bacon that have been crumbled
medium sized shrimp that have been grilled and cut into thirds (grill on grill pan if you don't have an outside grill)
shredded cheddar cheese
your favorite hot sauce
In This Recipe
- preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with a light coat of canola oil
- Place pie crust in center of baking sheet and spread the shredded cheese to an even layer --leave a 1 1/4 inch border so you can roll the edge later.
- Sprinkle the jalapeno and tomato over cheese.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
- Fold up the enges of crust one section at a time. Each section folds over and presses into the next to form a rustic rounded and pleated edge.
- Bake the tart at 400 deg. for 12 to 15 minutes (every oven is different). The endges should look golden brown.
- Mix the sour cream, cumin and hot sauce together and place in a squeeze bottle if you have one.
- Slide the tart off the baking sheet onto a cutting board. Add the shrimp.
- Drizzle or squeeze the sour cream mixture heavily onto the tart in a wagon wheel or star pattern. Sprinkle scallions on top.
- Cut the tart with a pizza wheel and serve!