Author Notes: This week I wanted to do something fresh and super simple, with a hint of sophistication. The thyme, honey and Pecorino Romano jazz up this basic ricotta dish. And the idea of baking the ricotta was exactly the hint of sophistication I was seeking. Serve the ricotta warm, with sliced toasts or a nice side salad. Enjoy!
*Photo taken by my dear friend @ ramellross.com
* This recipe was inspired by Gourmet Girl —Table9
cup Homemade Ricotta
cup Freshly Grated Pecorino Romano
Grated Zest of One Lemon
teaspoons Fresh Thyme, Minced
teaspoon Sea Salt
teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter two 8 ounce ramekins.
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites with a hand-mixer until peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Pecorino Romano, lemon zest, thyme, 2 egg yolks, salt and pepper until blended. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped egg whites. Fold in remaining egg whites.
- Divide mixture between the two ramekins. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Let cool for only a few minutes as this ricotta is best served warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta