If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my first recipe for Food52. The recipe comes from my grandmothers cookbook, so this is our family cookies. Try the mouthwatering (word was hinted by my English teacher) taste.
Apart from I want to tell you about baking soda (not baking powder ). When we use baking soda sometimes we add vinegar for more mealiness. Like in this recipe we extinguish baking soda. Put 1 teaspoon of baking soda to empty tablespoon and pour 1 tablespoon of vinegar, so the mix will be hiss.
Notice, I have been learning English since September. Please tell me, if something wrong in English. —Tsyganova
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon crashed cloves
- Beat sugar and eggs in a bowl of electric mixer until thick and pale in colour. 2 min.
- Add extinguished baking soda.
- Add salt, cinnamon, crashed cloves.
- Beat this mix.
- Mix flour and butter in a bowl by hand. I like do this. The dough will be like crumb.
- Pour whipped eggs with spices to flour with butter. Mix well.
- Add raisins and mix.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make up two sticks from this dough.
- Make notch on each stick.
- Bake in pre-heated 340 F. oven until brown crispy.
- Slice each stick into pieces to form biscotti.
- Dry the biscotti in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your meal.