Author Notes: A gluten-free fruit crumble. The quinoa flakes have an oat-like crunch, clinging to the maple syrup and crumbly almond flour. A warming bowl to match a cold evening.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, or natural yoghurt with a swirl of maple syrup. —KateAlice.
cup almond flour
cup quinoa flakes
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F and lightly brush with oil either 4 individual ramekins/cups or one medium-sized oven dish
- Wash and cut the peaches into half-inch pieces. Place them into your ramekins or oven dish. Drizzle two tablespoons of maple syrup over the peaches and stir with a knife or spoon
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk or fork to combine the almond meal and quinoa flakes
- Add the grapeseed oil and maple syrup to the bowl. Use a knife to stir the ingredients in a circular motion until the mixture is crumbly. Pour the mixture over the peaches
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30-40 minutes (depending on the size of your oven dishes) until the top has browned and the fruit is bubbling nicely