Author Notes: I adapted this from an old "Colorado Cache" cookbook, changing the contents and proportions somewhat. It is a very elegant recipe that tastes & looks much more complicated than it is! —kittychi99
- 3 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 4 Chicken Breasts, split, skinned, boned & flattened
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Champagne or White Wine
- 1/2 cup Cream (Half & Half)
- 2 tablespoons Champagne Mustard
- 24 Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Minced Tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 4 to 8 fresh Rosemary Sprigs for garnish
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until done & lightly browned on both sides. Remove Chicken to a warm, covered serving platter.
- Stir flour into the pan drippings with a whisk. While whisking, gradually add chicken broth, wine and light cream. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens & bubbles. Stir in the mustard.
- Turn heat to low, return the chicken to the skillet, add taragon and rosemary, cover & heat for about 10 minutes, making sure the sauce does not get too thick. (If it does, add more wine or chicken broth).
- Garnish with tomatoes and some fresh rosemary sprigs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard