If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is my version of Italian Tiramisu.
I used to make it with lemon cookies, but could not fined them.
I am glad that with graham crackers this cake is equally delicious.
- • ½ pound fresh ricotta
- • ½ pound soft butter
- • 1 cup superfine sugar
- • 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- • 2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- • Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup • Candied orange peel
- • 3 packages graham crackers
- • 1 cup cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups • Chocolate glaze (Ganache)
- 1. In a mixing bowl beat with a mixer butter and sugar, add ricotta and continue beating until very smooth and fluffy. 2. Evenly divide the ricotta mixture in two portions 3. To one portion add orange zest and candied orange peel (diced small) 4. To the second portion add cacao powder,1 teaspoon of orange extract, and steer the mixture until homogenized.
- 5. Cover a large cutting board with parchment paper. 6. Dip each graham cracker in cold milk and lay them out in a layer of 3 in width by 6 in length. 7. Spread evenly the first mixture (with orange zest and candied orange peel). 8. Cover with another layer of graham crackers diped in milk. 9. Spread evenly the second mixture (with cacao powder and orange extract).
- 10. Use the parchment paper to gather two longer sides of the cake not touching the middle. It should look like a triangle house roof. 11. Transfer the cutting board with the cake to the refrigerator,cover with the same parchment paper. Keep for a few hours until it hardened.
- Chocolate Ganache: 1. Bring to a simmer ½ cup of Heavy cream. 2. Pour over 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (chopped) and 1 teaspoon of Instant coffee, mix until smooth and shiny. 3. Steer in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of orange liqueur or 1 teaspoon pure orange extract. 12. Make the Chocolate Ganache and completely cover the cake. Keep the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Don't cover, decorate with Candied orange peel.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta