Author Notes: This is a make-at-home pizza recipe with fresh, seasonal ingredients. I bought the purple potatoes as well as the rosemary from the Farmer's Market (Union Square, NYC).
The ricotta cheese was a truffle salt variety I made myself from this recipe: http://johnandelana.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/get-your-own-how-make-your-own-ricotta-cheese/
The dough I obtained from Eataly (23rd and 5th Ave in NYC). Usually, I make my own dough, but I was taste tasting some store-bought examples in this case.
Here is the link to recipe on my site: http://johnandelana.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/experiments-in-pizza-featuring-eataly-dough/
small purple potatoes
cup fresh ricotta cheese
sprig Fresh Rosemary - chopped
pinches Truffle salt
tablespoons olive oil
- Slice your potatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place your sliced potatoes in the pan and and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat with oil and salt, and let the taters heat up.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to steam them a bit and some fresh chopped rosemary. Simmer until tender (you will be able to easily pierce them with a knife.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on your stretched out pizza dough. Top with the potato mixture. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and add some more rosemary if you like.
- Bake in the oven at 500 degrees (on a pizza stone, preferably) for about 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta