Author Notes: This dish was created during a point where I became obsessed with stuffed chicken recipes and finding all the different ways it could be done. I thought what a perfect idea taking a classic dish and putting my own spin on it... as I usually do with things! —JennT1981
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat and pocketed
- 4 pieces turkey bacon, cut in half
- 4 pieces Swiss cheese, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a slice of cheese between two half slices of bacon and stuff them into each breast. Season each side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish combine the honey and mustard and mix thoroughly. Also combine ground pecans and bread crumbs in a different shallow dish. Evenly coat both sides of each breast first with the honey mustard sauce and next the pecan and bread crumb mixture and place into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden crisp and juices run clear. Temperature of chicken should reach 180 degrees F.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard