Author Notes: Flaming Greek Cheese —Foodie-isms
slice of Kefalotiri (Greek styled cheese)
cup of flour mixed with salt & pepper
shot Ouzo, Greek anise-flavored aperitif
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Roll the cheese into the flour mixture to coat evenly.
- Heat equal parts of olive oil and butter in a cast iron skillet. When the pan is hot, fry the slice of cheese for about 90 seconds per side. Add and ounce of Ouzo to the pan and ignite. Opa!
- Remove pan from the heat. When the flames have extinguish move the cheese onto a serving platter.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon wedge on the warmed cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish You (Intentionally) Set on Fire