Author Notes: Every time we went over to my grandmother's house for brunch she had an orange tapioca soup waiting for us that was chilled and filled with many fruits. I woke up last week wanting that same flavor but using chia seeds. I know that once liquid is added to these protein-filled seeds, a great pudding forms. Since getting pregnant, I have been craving fruits so I made this orange chia pudding and added fruits to it to create a lovely parfait. —Noelle
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 1/2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- I bought a huge bag of tangerines, so I peeled them and blended them in my Vitamix, but you are welcome to squeeze your own.
- In a medium bowl add the chia seeds and the 2 cups of orange juice.
- Stir the seeds into the juice until combined. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes, periodically stirring so that all the seeds absorb the juice.
- Slice your fruit and take out to 2 parfait glasses. Add 1/4 cup of the orange chia pudding to the bottom of each glass, then add some bananas and strawberries. Repeat with more pudding and repeat the process again until finishing with some pudding. Decorate with fruit and eat!