Author Notes: A baked pasta recipe featuring fresh tomatoes, as well as tomato paste, tomato juice and sundried tomatoes. And don't forget the truffle salt and Parmesan. —freshandfoodie
ounces package of fresh tortelloni
tomatoes from the vine, seeded and cut into chunks
tablespoons tomato paste
tablespoons tomato juice
large basil leaves, plus more for serving
large clove of garlic, minced
teaspoon truffle salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook tortelloni in salted boiling water for a minute or two less than the package instructions. Drain, put in a large mixing bowl and set aside
- Meanwhile, put tomatoes, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, tomato juice, basil, garlic, truffle salt and pepper (to taste) in a blender and whirl until well combined.
- Add sauce to the cooked tortelloni and gently toss to combine. Add mixture to a small baking dish, top with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes and broil for a minute or two or until the top becomes slightly brown.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese, basil and freshly cracked pepper.