Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from one by Lydie Marshall who I met in Nyons, France. I had the pleasure of a private cooking class with her. While making that meal I also fell in love with the man who is now my husband. This dish reminds us of Lydie, Nyons and falling in love. Lydie made it with Dijon mustard but we've adapted it and use Honey Mustard. It can be prepared in the morning, left in the fridge and then baked for dinner time. —tirbouchon
cup plain yogurt
cup Honey Mustard
freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
pounds chicken, trimmed of all fat and cut into 8 parts
Fresh Egg Pasta
- Mix the yogurt and mustard in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and the thyme.
- Divide the mixture into two 2-quart baking dishes. Cover and let sit. Can be let to sit for 30 minutes to several hours - refrigerate if leaving for more than 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered for 45 minutes or until brown.
- Shake most of the sauce off of the chicken and transfer to a platter. Cover loosely to keep warm.
- Process the curdled yogurt in a blender and transfer to a bowl or sauce dish. Serve over the chicken over fresh egg pasta with the sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard