If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The word 'chapati' is considered of Dravidian origin, from chappa meaning 'flattened' and attai or paathi. Chapati. Chapatis are one of the most common forms in which wheat, the staple of northern South Asia, is consumed. Chapati is a form of roti (bread). The words are often used interchangeably. While roti refers to any flat unleavened bread, chapati is a roti made of whole wheat flour and cooked on a tava (flat skillet). —pauljoseph
- 2 cups Whole-wheat flour
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TBS Oil
- Hot water 1 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Put Flour, Salt, Oil in a bowl and mix
- Add hot water and milk gradually and make into dough. Kneading as required
- Leave covered for 20 minutes at room temperature
- Split into 12 equal balls
- Roll out to ¼” thickness
- Bake on flat baking stone or griddle over a gas flame
- Have with a Simple Dal Curry
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins