The best recipe for coffee beans is Sambuca. But if you need a non-beverage recipe, instant coffee whipped in heavy cream is what my mom did. You can create a fun dotted cream with ground espresso that can top a dark or white chocolate mousse. It's a distinct taste so it's not a whipped topping for every dessert. This is my first contest and I made a huge mistake I took it to mean coffee beans. Not that coffee is that easy. Now I'm committed to this one.
The whipped cream topping is a dessert in itself. —blanka.n
- Serves 6
- For the Mousse
eggs (at room temperature)
- Mocha topping
very finely ground espresso beans
- First make your mousse: Melt chocolate, espresso and butter over a double boiler - very slowly. Keeping stirring with a wooden spoon til smooth. Remove from heat and keep in a warm spot by the stove.
- Separate eggs, making sure none of your egg yolks are in the whites. In a large bowl, beat egg whites - half way til they're done add 1 T. sugar and continue beating til soft peaks form.
- Add yolks to chocolate and heat through again for a minute or two. Cool again.
- Whip cream with 1 T. sugar til stiff and refrigerate.
- Take chocolate mixture and slowly fold in I/2 of the whipped cream and then the egg whites. Then incorporate the rest of the whipped cream. Do this folding process gently because you don't want the mixture to deflate.
- Pour into serving bowl or individual dishes and refrigerate for at least 4 hours - overnight is better.
- Mocha topping: ******This recipe hinges on keeping the whipped topping in the fridge as long as possible - otherwise it's too grainy. Whip together espresso, cream and sugar. and serve on top of mousse.