If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Steamed rice dumpling with coconut & jaggery molasses filling we make kozhukatta Saturday the eve Palm Sunday. —pauljoseph
Rice Flour - 1 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Water - 2 cup
Ghee - 1tsp
For the filling
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Grated Molasses - 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1tsp
- Boil water and add salt to it. Mix flour, salt and ghee well by adding water
- Continue until a smooth dough is formed. Make small flat rounds with the dough
- Boil molasses well with a little water. Strain. Keep on the fire again, mix coconut and sauté for sometime.
- Off the flame a add the cardamom powder
- Take the flat dough rounds and place a little filling in the middle, close and cover with the dough to make balls
- You can make several balls as required and steam in a cooker till done