If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is going to generate some smoke, so again, make sure to keep it a good six inches from the flame or broiler element, and if you're doing this indoors, turn on your kitchen ventilation fan!
London Broil is not generally the most tender cut of beef, hence the lower price. The keys to keeping it from turning into shoe-leather, are to allow it to rest well, once cooked, and slicing it thinly across the grain.
Want to have this during the week, but don't have time to grill on your average weeknight? Go ahead and grill this up when you're grilling other things on the weekend and cut the cooking time by 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, allow to cool, and wrap in foil and refrigerate whole. Slice thinly while cold and lay the slices out on a baking pan. Brush the exposed surfaces with a little cold coffee and cover with another sheet of foil. Heat in a 350º F oven for about 15 minutes, or heated through.
—Renée (RJ Flamingo) Joslyn
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee (not instant!)
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2-3 lbs. London Broil, at least 1-1/2" - 2" thick
- A little olive oil
- Combine the coffee, ground chipotle pepper, and salt in a small dish and set aside.
- Rinse the London Broil, pat dry with a paper towel, and rub or brush a bit of the olive oil onto the surface of the meat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning onto the meat, pressing it into the surface with your hands. Coat the entire steak well, including the sides. Let sit for a minimum of 15 minutes and up to an hour.
- Grill or broil to your preferred doneness (about 10 minutes per side for medium), at least six inches from the heat source, whether flame or broiler element.
- Allow to rest about 5 - 10 minutes before slicing across the grain to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee