If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother liked cooking a Leg Of Lamb for a special occassion. I just took our love of a leg of lamb and seasoned it with flavoring I enjoy. —Jim Stanton
Serves 8 - 10.
leg of lamb, boned and rolled.
salt and pepper to taste
garlic cloves, thinly sliced
cup cranberry juice
cups freshly brewed strong coffee
tablespoons heavy whipping cream
sprigs cognac or brandy
- Preheat oven to 35degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes several slits in top and side of meat and insert garlic slices.
- Place lamb on roastin rack and bake 5 minutes.
- Pour cranberry juice over meat and continue roasting. Baste every 10 minutes with cranberry juice and pan drippings for the first hour of roasting.
- Prepare coffee and combine with cream and sugar.
- Baste lamb with coffee mixture every 10 minutes, using a little at a time, until lamb is cooked as desired and is beautifully glazed.
- You will roast about 20 minutes per pound for medium.
- Cover lamb with foil to rest for 20 minutes.
- Make gravey by adding pan juices into a small saucepan and degrease. Bring to a simmer, add cognac, and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Slice lamb and arrange on a serving platter. Pass gravy with lamb.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee