If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was living in Japan, a friend of mine used to order coffee jelly parfaits for dessert. They consisted of cubes of coffee jelly, custard, cake or brownie cubes, ice cream and whipped cream in a huge bowl. I found myself with leftover coffee one day and decided to make a simple dessert with just coffee and cream. It's simple and refreshing. This makes a firm jelly, one you can cube, so halve the gelatin for a wobblier result. —MaryMaryCulinary
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 2-4 tablespoons rum or liqueur
- sweetened whipped cream, to serve
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a small saucepan. Let sit for a few minutes to soften, then add the coffee and sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring, until the gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Add rum or liqueur. Pour into ramekins and chill for a few hours, until firm. Serve topped with whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee