If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This combination is a classic, the diverse results: a delight! Have it in a Toastie, in pasta, on bread....and in a quesadilla! and the rest is history! My most recent combo is a Ham and Cheese quesadilla! I love quesadillas, and pancake quesadillas - heaven! Why? Because you put leftover pancakes to good use. Then you stuff them but beauty doesn't just end there. You heat them up till you have soft, molten, stretchy cheese. Then you cut them into wedges and heaven's your home. Posh, comforting, tasty, open to numerous suggestions - slather on some mustard or redcurrant sauce. Have it with walnuts and honey...or just on its own - simply. The best!
of cheese e.g Cheddar, Gouda, Edam
1 tablespoon of
or 1 teaspoon of
or 1 teaspoon of
Chipolte sauce, optional
or 1 tablespoon
of Redcurrant jelly, optional
- Spread Pesto on one pancake and set aside
- Heat up a frying pan large enough to take the pancakes. If you want 'fancy' and pretty rib lines, use a griddle pan...like I did!
- When the pan is hot, lightly oil with a pastry brush or spray with an oil spray and place the plain pancake on it. Let it brown for about a minute or two till, then place ham and cheese on top.
- Put the second pesto pancake, pesto-side down to cover the filling and then flip over. Let the other side warm up as well for another minute or two.
- Slide unto a plate and cut into wedges.
- Serve with tomato slices or wedges. Great as an appetizer, for a quick dinner, savoury brunch, schoolbox special.....an endless list. You could also serve the pesto seperately!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"