Author Notes: I am eagerly awaiting the day I can make these cookies with my little girl. :) —Cupcake921
Serves 8-10 generous servings
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup fresh rasberries
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks and incorporate thoroughly.
- Add flour a little at a time and work to incorporate, but be careful not to overmix.
- Stir in walnuts or other nuts, if using.
- Spread half of the mixture onto a 9"x13" pan.
- Chop fresh raspberries and stir into the raspberry jam. Then spread preserve mixture onto dough.
- Crumble the rest of the dough onto the raspberry layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is nice and golden brown.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar and cut into "bars" before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For