If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is just like me sweet, multilayered, quick to get ready and has some hootch in it lol
I came up with this because my sweetie wanted something chocolate, and I wanted something with raspberries in it. I asked him what he wanted, and thougnt well why not do BOTH?
Hence a beautiful looking dessert that satisfied both of us. —jane mcmillan
Serves 12 or more
ounces (two 16 oz) chocolate cream cakes from bakery, that is a choc cake with a light glaze on it, or make your own choc cake
ounces can sweetened condensed milk
cup cold water
teaspoon almond extract
ounces package instant vanilla pudding
ounces frozen non dairy topping, thawed
tablespoons raspberry liquer
ounces raspberry preserves
pints fresh raspberries
sprigs mint for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water, and extract until blended.
- Add the vanilla pudding and wisk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand until soft set, about 2 min,
- Cover and chill until partially set.
- Fold in non dairy topping.
- Cut cake into 1 inch cubes, either the bakery ones, or your own chocolate cake.
- Put 1/2 cake in the bottom of a trifle bowl, and sprinkle with 3 tbs of the liquer.
- Top with 1/3 cream mixture
- Carefully spread preserves over cream layer.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 of the raspberries.
- Add the rest of the cake, sprinkle the remaining 3 tbs liquor, layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the reserved berries on top for garnish, and then the mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For