Author Notes: These tacos are your basic crunchy goodness. I serve them simply with lettuce, grated cheddar and Tabasco sauce. I like these with just a bit of beef, but you can use a bit more if you like beefier tacos. Just keep your oil hot so your tortilla gets crunchy. —NomNom
Makes 10 tacos
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Heat 1-2 inches oil in a skillet for deep-frying.
- Using a fork, smear 1 heaping tablespoon of ground beef onto 1/2 of tortilla. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- With tongs, hold the folded taco "seam" in hot oil for a few seconds to set, then let the taco fry on each side about a minute. The meat is thin, so it cooks quickly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For