Author Notes: An old family friend of Italian heritage who lived in Montana used to make this for us. Her name was Emma and she just mixed this to suit her taste. I watched her for years and then made this for my family. —SKK
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces container marscapone cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk, or as needed to thin
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil if desired
- Clean strawberries and cut in half.
- Mix marscapone, half and half, brown sugar, vanilla in bowl.
- Refrigerate strawberries and marscapone until ready to serve. Spoon cream mixture over strawberries and serve. If you desire, sprinkle fresh chopped basil over the top.