If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: um.... octopus is tasty —pelicanfish
a whole bunch
1/4 - 1/2
red onion - super thin sliced
scallions cleaned and whole
garlic chopped up tiny and smashed
1/2 of lemon
the zest of 1/2 lemon
fresh winter or summer savory or other herb you think is possibly an equal
tea to table spoon
a real cork
- low boil the octopuses in stock with yellow onion, 3 celery stalks, carrot, bay leaves and cork for 1 hour
- drain that and set the octopuses to dry or pat them dry with towels
- grill veggies: oil up 6 or so stalks of celery along with the whole scallions and grill directly or in a cast iron pan on the grill till they look like you want to eat them
- mix octopuses in a bowl with a drizzle of oil and add chopped garlic and all that pimenton - mix it up real good. Throw that in the now hot cast iron pan on the grill. This is just for some good char and smoke taste - burn some wood chips or last years old dead rosemary plants for smoke
- Chop the grilled celery, scallions and octopus into your preferred size and throw it in a bowl with everything else
- mix it all up with some olive oil, a bit of lemon juice and salt and eat it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe