Author Notes: We did a house boat cruise in Aleppey back water recently
Let me explain the food part of a houseboats total three staff will be there which includes a cook and two crew members.
And the cook who will be interacting with guests and will be of great important to guests , because he will be making food , serving it in a hygienic and professional way but keeping a family environment .Being a locale and experienced , he can explain the scenic beauty, culture ,tradition, sightseeing places and local waterways and safety precautions . Our chef can easily interact in English, Hindi ,Malayalam(Our language)and many regional languages.
We jointly made this squid masala and we had with a glass of Toddy an alcoholic drinks from Coconut .
We also did few excellent recipes with TODDY We will planning to put these really excellent recipes in our new Venter a cook book.
- Squid 1 pound
- Onion ¼ cup sliced
- Mustard seed 1 tsp
- Chili powder ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt as required
- Cooking oil 2 tbsp
- Clean and Slice the squid into required size
- Marinate the squid with above ingredients and keep it in the fridge for 4 hours
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds and allow them to break in the hot oil.
- Add chopped onions and sauté` till brown
- Add squid and sauté , for 5 minute cover reduce the flame and cook 5 more minute
- Serve hot
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe