Author Notes: Source:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071129011255AAkZttD
We used curry leaves and instead of polenta we had with rest of the white wine
1 lbs. cleaned cuttlefish
1 small onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic 2
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup tomato sauce
In This Recipe
- Cut the bodies of the cuttlefish into strips about 1/4 inch wide
- In a large pan saute the onions with the garlic in the olive oil.
- Leave the garlic cloves whole so that you can remove them later.
- Cook the cuttlefish at a high heat for a few minutes or until the liquid around them has all but evaporated.
- Add the white wine and continue cooking at a high heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and salt to taste.
- Lower the heat and let them simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
- If they get too dry you can add a little bit of fish broth.
- When done remove the garlic and serve hot with polenta.