If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family loves fresh strawberries and yummy baked treats. So, I came up with a strawberry rhubarb tart that combines sweetness with a kick. This tart can be served as an appetizer, breakfast or dessert. When you first bit into this warm tart you can feel your taste-buds scream. —bobbimarie24
For the tart you will need:
- 10 pieces Egg Roll Wraps
- 20 Fresh Cut/Cleaned Strawberries
- 8 Fresh Cut/Cleaned Rhubarb Links
- 1 cup Pino Grigio
- 3 Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Butter Milk
- 2 Eggs for the egg wash
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Chocolate Cips
- 1 cup Melted Fudge Chocolate
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ground Cinnamon
HINT: Use all types of fruits for more variety
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover the bottom of a baking sheet with 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut and wash 20 Fresh Cut/Cleaned Strawberries and 8 Fresh Cut/Cleaned Rhubarb Links. In a medium sauce pan add the strawberries, rhubarb, 2 cups sugar, 1/8 cup ground cinnamon, 1 cup butter milk and 1 cup of Pino Grigio. On medium heat, place the sauce pan and bring to a boil (about 8-10 mins). Continue to stir.
- In a small mixing bowl add 1 cup sugar and 1 tbs vanilla extract, stir and let sit for 8 mins.
- Once strawberry mixture is liquefied place aside to cool (5 mins). Place 1 egg roll wrap on the greased baking sheet and another 1 on top (make a diamond shape). Spoon the cooled strawberry mixture over the diamond (in the middle make a line). Add a spoon full of chocolate chips over the mixture. Close the middle egg roll wrap, then the outer wrap and make a burrito. Brush egg wash over the tarts and be sure to get the sides.
- Take the sugar vanilla mixture, place in a zip-lock bag and squeeze all the air out then seal. Cut a tinny slit in the corner of the bag and drizzle mixture over all tarts.
- Bake tarts in a 350 degree F oven for 10 mins. Once tarts are golden brown remove from the oven, turn oven off, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the tarts and place back into heated oven for 2 mins (for chocolate to melt a little).
- Remove tarts from the heated oven and let cool for 2 mins. Place the tarts on separate serving plates drizzle hot fudge topping (you can microwave the fudge alone for 30 seconds), sprinkle ground cinnamon over tart, sprinkle powdered sugar over tart and the place chocolate chips on the plate for looks. You can also add whipped cream to the top and extra strawberries for more sweetness and to add color.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe