If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got this recipe from a friend, who got it from a friend of hers so you could say it has traveled,hence the name. I used more toffee pieces than it calls for because I LOVE toffee, so adjusting certain flavors is totally up to the baker. I also used instant espresso instead of coffee for a deeper coffee flavor. So don't be afraid to experiment and enjoy the outcome! My changes/notes in parenthesis. —ChefMommy
Makes about 32 cookies
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Softened Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 ounces Toffee Pieces (I used an 8 ounce bag)
- 1 tablespoon Instant Coffee (I used 2 Tablespoons Instant Espresso.)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (I used walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar and butter until is looks pale yellow in color and fluffy.
- While butter and sugar are creaming, sift together you flour, cocoa, baking soda,and salt.
- When butter and sugar are creamed add eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- After eggs and vanilla are incorporated add coffee(or espresso) and mix again until incorporated.
- After coffee/espresso is incorporated add the cocoa/flour mixture and mix until hydrated.
- When mixture is hydrated add your chocolate chips, nuts, and toffee pieces. Mix till combined.
- Scoop mixture on a sheet pan with parchment (I used a medium ice cream scoop) and put in oven and bake 13-15 minutes.
- After removing cookies let sit for about 1 minute before moving to a cooling rack.
- Share with friends and family!!