Author Notes: This recipe came out of the desperation I felt when making my own almond milk. You are left with quite a bit of almond meal and I had no idea what to do with it. I figured cookies were a safe exploration though and came up with these! —Guilty Kitchen
Makes 12-15 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, chunky
- 3/4 cup packed, brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and salt. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder and soda into wet ingredients, mix well. Stir in almond meal.
- Add PB chips and stir to combine.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2? balls, then flatten before placing 1? apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely before enjoying!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie