If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Italian American Grandma was not a convenience food lady. Everything was made from scratch. Pizza, pasta, and cake. But for this dish she used canned peas and tomatoes. It just works so that how I do it now. I always have peas, pasta, and tomatoes in the pantry. It's my go to cheap, easy, and yummy meal. —leigh frat
- 1 onion medium chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can tomato puree (8 ounces)
- 8 ounces water
- 1 can sweet peas (8.5 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 box pasta small shells or other small pasta
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add can of tomatoes and water. Also add the remaining salt. Cook 20 minutes.
- Drain liquid from peas. Add peas to sauce. Cook 15 minutes.
- Add cheese to the sauce.
- Cook pasta according to the directions until al dente.
- Drain and add pasta to the pea sauce. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner