Author Notes: These are my go to chocolate cookies when I need a serious chocolate hit. They're made with pantry ingredients and they don't even require the mixer, so I can always whip them up when the urge hits, even if my toddler is napping. I sometimes dress them up with other ingredients -- chopped candied orange peel, toasted walnuts -- but they're also terrific plain. —Savour
ounces chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
tablespoons cocoa powder, preferably Dutch processed
ounces salted butter
tablespoons brewed coffee
teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt chocolate chips, butter and cocoa together in microwave (Nuke for 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring between each session, until smooth. Don’t overnuke.)
- Beat eggs briefly, add sugar, vanilla and coffee, Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate, then fold in flour and baking powder, and stir until the baking powder is thoroughly incorporated and no lumps remain.
- Chill about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drop by tablespoons on parchment-covered cookie sheets, bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, cool on the pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie