tablespoons olive oil
pound ground beef
2 28 oz cans
cups shredded cheddar cheese
In This Recipe
- In a large pan, over meduim heat, heat the oil.
- Add chopped onion and cook till soft
- Add minced garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add and brown ground beef, breaking apart into small bits.
- Add zucchini, quartered lengthwise, and chopped into chunks.
- Season to taste with salt, p[epper, and cayenne.
- Add tomatoes (with all the juice) and season again to taste.
- Let the sauce simmer while you cook penne until slightly less than done. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer sauce, cheese, and pasta in baking dish, starting with a little bit of sauce on the bottom and ending with cheese on the top. (I do sauce, penne, sauce, cheese, penne, sauce, cheese.)
- Put dish in oven and cook until bubbly (20-30 minutes).