If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 med. onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 meduim zucchini
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- cayenne pepper
- 1 pound penne
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pan, over meduim heat, heat the oil.
- Add chopped onion and cook till soft
- Add minced garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add and brown ground beef, breaking apart into small bits.
- Add zucchini, quartered lengthwise, and chopped into chunks.
- Season to taste with salt, p[epper, and cayenne.
- Add tomatoes (with all the juice) and season again to taste.
- Let the sauce simmer while you cook penne until slightly less than done. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer sauce, cheese, and pasta in baking dish, starting with a little bit of sauce on the bottom and ending with cheese on the top. (I do sauce, penne, sauce, cheese, penne, sauce, cheese.)
- Put dish in oven and cook until bubbly (20-30 minutes).