If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because my husband loves sauces and I wanted a lighter version of aioli for corn and crab fritters, I came up with the following recipe, no huge changes from other aioli recipes, lighter with a touch of my ground red pepper flakes and a teaspoon or two of my favorite orange juice from Cara Cara oranges.
Equipment, the whisk attachment on the stick blender, moments to make.
- 1 whole egg + 1 yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons juice from a Cara Cara orange
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- pinches of ground red pepper flakes
- Egg and pressed garlic in the stick blender jar, whisk for several seconds on medium low speed, slightly thickened, slowly add the oil until you get a smooth thick aioli.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle a little ground red pepper.
- Keep in mind that I didn't want to overwhelm the crab flavor or fresh corn in the fritters, but you can certainly adjust any of the ingredients to suit your own taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli