If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by one of my favourite Christrmas treats, chocolate covered candied ginger. I decided to build a biscotti with some punch and added both candied and powdered ginger as well as chocolate chips and cocoa. —patb
Makes 2 - 3 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger ( or to taste)
- 1 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa and powdered ginger.
- Cream together butter and sugar and eggs using a stand mixer if possible, fitted with a paddle attchment.
- Add flour and cocoa powder mixture to the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped ginger last. The dough will be quite stiff and sticky.
- On a greased cookie sheet or a silicone mat, divide the dough into two logs. The should be long and flat-ish. About 1" high by 4" wide and approximately the length of the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Cool for five minutes. Slice biscotti by cutting each log on the diagonal approximately 1-2" wide, depending on how big you want them.
- Return the sliced biscotti to the oven for 10 more minutes to finish baking. Remove and cool.