This recipe was inspired by one of my favourite Christrmas treats, chocolate covered candied ginger. I decided to build a biscotti with some punch and added both candied and powdered ginger as well as chocolate chips and cocoa. —patb
- Makes 2 - 3 dozen
good quality cocoa powder
bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
powdered ginger ( or to taste)
finely chopped candied ginger
In This Recipe
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa and powdered ginger.
- Cream together butter and sugar and eggs using a stand mixer if possible, fitted with a paddle attchment.
- Add flour and cocoa powder mixture to the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped ginger last. The dough will be quite stiff and sticky.
- On a greased cookie sheet or a silicone mat, divide the dough into two logs. The should be long and flat-ish. About 1" high by 4" wide and approximately the length of the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Cool for five minutes. Slice biscotti by cutting each log on the diagonal approximately 1-2" wide, depending on how big you want them.
- Return the sliced biscotti to the oven for 10 more minutes to finish baking. Remove and cool.